5.05.2011

GRAYBIE

Photobucket

A few weeks ago some photos of our Cleo showed up on modern cat where she was referred to as 'a beautiful graybie', which she is - our little grey baby. Since then I've used the term 'graybie' often, and I'm going to use it here to describe the bag I made this afternoon.

This is one of my cubist tote bags, here made from a small piece of distressed grey leather I bought a month or so back. I wish you could see this colour in person; with roots firmly in grey it ranges from dull blue to nearly mauve as it moves from light to light. The texture is soft and dry with a slight crackle across the surface and a washed look. The leather has a beautiful weight which I fell in love with prior to purchasing, and makes for a fantastic bag. I've lined it in a pale blue ikat linen featuring two interior pockets (one zippered) and a talon-hook key loop.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If, say, you'd be interested in owning this bag, I'm going to post it in my shop ONLY until this Saturday at noon. After that you'll have to buy it in Ottawa, because that's where it will be.

Hooray for grey, today this tote is the same colour as the sky outside my window.

0 comments:

Post a Comment