1.26.2011

BRAIDS

Photobucket

I've been braiding a lot lately, in my down time. I find it meditative and satisfying; it keeps my hands busy and I like creating something kindof beautiful out of something so simple. Something from nothing. I like the near infinite variation of style and process and I like doing something that doesn't make me think too hard.

I'm not sure yet what these will turn into but I do know that the next set of items I put in my shop (late February *I hope*) will feature braids in one form or another. I already have one project in mind.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Did you ever see this short film? There is a part about this amazing totally eccentric braid-maker. I love it!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CodMohBRwi4&feature=related

    xoBree

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen that video, it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete