1.23.2012

WEEKENDING

Photobucket

My weekend started with this delightful little package which arrived Friday afternoon from sweet Dara of H E R E W I T H M E. An unexpected treat, it contained a beautiful pair of copper chain and glass bead drop earrings. So pretty, so appreciated, a lovely sort of pick-me up on a cloudy sort of afternoon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Saturday I bought a new (old) glass juicer at the St. Michel Flea Market because I've needed one for so long and $3 can't be beat. It reflects like a jewel in the sunshine. I'm going to make something with limes this week, maybe listen to some calypso. King Sparrow, as it happens, also can't be beat.

Photobucket

Sunday Morning R made pancakes, his particular specialty, and I ate them between bouts of receipt tallying for taxes. Something I never knew before moving to Quebec? Maple syrup is cheap out here dudes! We buy one of these 540ml tins from our local market every couple weeks for $7, no biggie. Each tin is even labeled with the name of the sugarbush where it was tapped so you can see exactly where your syrup comes from. I will never pay exorbitant prices for maple products ever again because it turns out MAPLE SYRUP DOES GROW ON TREES.

Photobucket

Pancake goggles? WHY NOT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment